Greenwood Village Careers
Location: Greenwood Village, CO
The retail associate is responsible for approaching and greeting the Sierra Trading Post customer with a cheerful smile and welcoming demeanor. They must be able to merchandise their department and keep the retail store clean, organized and efficient for our customers. Knowledge in all products and departments is very important. They must be able to help in suggesting substitutions if an item is not available for a customer. They must be able to take merchandise from the warehouse and transfer it into the system to sell in the retail store. Associate is required to dress in appropriate attire for the public.
Level of Physical Exertion:
Intermediate level of exertion – continuous walking or standing, regular lifting, occasionally up to 35 pounds.
The retail associate must be knowledgeable of all Sierra Trading Post products and must be able to present information to our customer in a concise, professional manner. The associate must have good communication skills. Must be proficient with keyboards, typing by touch and must be able to navigate and use internet. Associate must be easily trained, and be able to pull merchandise correctly and efficiently from the fulfillment center. A retail sales associate must be able to count change back to the customer properly. They should be able to work fluently through the retail menus/screens with ease and confidence.
Previous customer service experience is preferred. Knowledge and comfort with the computer and the internet is preferred.
Only qualified applicants will be considered. Apply by email at email@example.com
Location: Greenwood Village, CO
Reports To: Retail Sales Manager
As a Retail Supervisor, you will be a key member of the retail leadership team and will lead a team of retail staff members to increase sales by focusing on the Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) while maximizing store and department efficiency and effectiveness.
Drive results and lead the Sales Associates and Cashiers. Consistently observe and coach the sales associates to create an excellent customer experience and instill a selling culture. Handle all customer-related issues that a Lead, Sales Associate or Cashier cannot. Be the next step in resolving the escalation of issues before a Sales Manager or Store Manager need to be involved. Open and close the store when needed, which includes counting the register drawers and setting up for the new day.
- • Operate as a front-line manager focused on executing store functions through staff members
- • Have a daily knowledge of where the store is on KPI’s (Average Order size, Conversion Rate, Daily/Weekly Sales Goals)
- • Help coach and train a capable and talented team of Sales Associates and ensure development of the overall store team
- • Assist with general supervision in accordance with company policies and procedures including opening and closing the store and front end coverage as assigned
- • Comply with cash office procedures and the preparation of deposits
- • Support company standards of selling and customer service while leading by example
- • Maximize schedule effectiveness and increase team productivity
- • Develop top performers through coaching and direct feedback, plus consistently evaluate performance
- • Assist in the implementation and presentation of merchandise and signage throughout the store to meet company standards to maximize profits
- • Adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
- • Communicate in a clear, concise manner and listen attentively to others
Must be able to be on your feet for long periods of time and be able to lift up to 35 lbs. Applicant must have excellent problem-solving abilities and pay good attention to detail. You must demonstrate dynamic leadership skills with the ability to motivate and develop future leaders. Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal/communication skills are required. Must have a desire to advance within Sierra Trading Post and be an active participant in your own development. Must have proven organizational, time management and planning skills. The candidate must have flexible availability, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Minimum Education Required/Equivalent Years of Experience in the field:
1-2 years of supervisory work experience in a service industry, preferably in a retail environment
All interested candidates, please submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified applicants will be considered.